[PLUG-TALK] Cell phone voice quality

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jan 19 00:07:31 UTC 2017

   I would like to learn which "smartphones" have good voice quality. Several
folks I speak with use only their cellular phones and many have very poor
voice quality. There often is what sounds like static in the call and it's
difficult to understand what's being said even without the extraneous white
noise.

   Perhaps this lack of voice quality is due to manufacturers putting more
effort into taking digital images, browsing the web, and sending text messages
than to actually using the phone to make phone calls.

   Android phones seem to have better quality than iPhones, but there may
well be differences among brands and models.

   Has anyone similar experiences with cellular phones?