[PLUG-TALK] Vacancy: Web Services and Geo-computation expert at ISRIC --- World Soil Information, Wageningen (fwd)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jan 23 16:38:29 UTC 2017

   I would not expect anyone here to be interested in this position; the
commute is longer than even Southwest Missouri Richard's.

   But, I look at the mix of specialties and there seems to be only two
interpretations: 1) they are written for the only unique person in the world
with this unrelated set of experiences and skills; or 2) they'll never fill
this position.

   When I was in academia (on university faculties) I saw such job postings.
In almost every case they were written for the one person the department
wanted to hire but were disseminated to comply with regulations to make it
appear the search was totally open.

Amused,

Rich