[PLUG-TALK] No-cost cloud file distribution for naive users

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jul 7 15:40:03 UTC 2017

   I have a couple of folks who have difficulty receiving e-mail messages
from me with PDF attachments. I have a dropbox account and can put files up
there for them to download, but I would like something really simple as a
solution.

   Is there a web site where I can upload files, pass the URL to the intended
recipient, and have them download it without needing to download and install
software or create an account?

   My web search tells me there are multiple dropbox alternatives yet they
all seem to require a degree of computer sophistication I suspect is lacking
in the folks having difficulty receiving messages with attachments. The
alternatives appear to focus on sharing/collaborating among employees or a
team working together on a project, not an individual needing to grap a file
or two.