[PLUG-TALK] Chronic meaningless telephone calls

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jul 22 17:03:03 UTC 2017

On Sat, 22 Jul 2017, Tom wrote:

> If it would bother me as it does you, I would try to pick up the phone,
> try to get find out who is calling me, try to talk to a human politely
> asking them to stop and report all their calls together with phone
> numbers/times of occurrences to FCC.

Tom,

   I suppose I could answer one of these calls and listen to the computer. I
suspect any attempt at conversation would be one-sided.

> I doubt that it is Google, unless they want something practical from yo u.
> I use Google as phone provider and they are extremely good at stopping
> phone spam/sc?m. Often this helps.

   Then my vague recollection is incorrect.

   I tried searching the web for this behavior but found nothing. In the past
I communicated with a litigator who goes after do-not-call violating
telemarketers and he told me that those who continuously switch phone numbers
can't be stopped because there's no way to determine who or where they are.

Thanks,