[PLUG-TALK] Chronic meaningless telephone calls

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jul 24 22:22:23 UTC 2017

On Sat, 22 Jul 2017, Rich Shepard wrote:

> I suppose I could answer one of these calls and listen to the computer. I
> suspect any attempt at conversation would be one-sided.

   Well, I'm not sure I've completely eliminated the problem, but just got a
call from the 323 area code where other nuisance calls have originated. I
answered and listened to a recorded Google sales rep. She (at least the
female voice) kept encouraging me to press 1 to learn how I could give them
money to ads on the first page ... I suppose of results with my company's
name. Finally, the voice said to press 2 to be removed. So I pressed 2 and
heard that I'm now on their do-not-call list.

   Will see what happens.