[PLUG-TALK] Chronic meaningless telephone calls [STOPPED?]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jul 30 20:09:30 UTC 2017

On Sun, 30 Jul 2017, Galen Seitz wrote:

> What makes you think it's Google calling you?

Galen,

   Because that's what the robot voice told me.

> What leads you to believe the calls you are receiving are legit?

   Doesn't matter to me whether they are. As long as they stop I'm happy.
But, the tail of the message matched the whole message when I listened and I
doubt a phisher would offer both acceptance and rejection of their offer.
Not that I trust them, of course.

> It seems to me that they are more likely to be originating from some
> search engine optimization scammer.

   Well, I get some of those who cleverly avoid the postfix spam filters, but
haven't had any on the phone.