[PLUG-TALK] Setting vm IP address for 'Net access

wes plug at the-wes.com
Thu Jun 22 14:32:04 PDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 1:40 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> >>    That's the gateway on the linux LAN.
> > that's weird, but... ok.
>
>    Oh? That's been the IP address on the firewall/router for many years.
>
> > click Start, type "cmd" and press enter. then "ping 192.168.55.x"
>
>    Huh! I didn't know windows knew ping.
>
>    Nope. 'Destination host unreachable.' Don't suppose there's an
> equivalent
> to resolv.conf is there?

ipconfig /all

> >>    The main network dialog shows no ipv4 connection; the details show
> the
> >> values for one.
> > I'd have to see it to understand what you're saying.
>
>    Start -> Control Panel -> Network & Internet -> Network & Sharing Center
> -> Local Network Connection 2. This opens a window with general information
> and the top line for ipv4 connectivity shows 'No network access.'
>
>    Clicking the 'Details' buttons opens a network connectivity details box
> that displays the IP address for ipv4.

well, it got that IP from somewhere. can't think of any more to say without
knowing more about how it was set up. I'd be looking at the network config
in the VM management software, personally.

hopefully someone with more experience with this sort of setup will be able
to chime in with more suggestions.

-wes