[PLUG-TALK] Laser printer/toner question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Mar 27 22:51:02 UTC 2017

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017, Paul Mullen wrote:

> It's likely an issue with the toner cartridge.

Paul,

   That's what I think, but I'm far from an expert.

> As the rubber hardens, it loses the ability to wipe properly, resulting in
> characteristic vertical smears and splotches of toner on the page.

   So, this is diagnostic of a worn wiper.

> A remanufactured toner cartridge should have had its wiper replaced, but
> there's no guarantee. The Internet says the wipers are user-replacable,
> however parts are difficult to find.

   Supposedly when C.W. remanufactures a cartridge they do replace the wiper.

> I have had increasingly poor luck finding a source of reliable toner
> cartridges for these older printers. Hopefully others have better news.

   Until earlier this year I had no problems with the C.W. cartridges. I just
ordered one from amazon and will take the current one back and have a
discussion with them.

> Recommended reading: "Original HP toner cartridge: A look inside"
> http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA5-5975EEW.pdf

   Will download and read.

Thanks,