[PLUG-TALK] Does seatengine resell personal information?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Mar 30 22:53:34 UTC 2017

In order to buy a ticket online for a "science on tap"
presentation next week, I used their arrangement with
seatengine.com .  Besides the annoying 18% service fee,
I found no assurances that they would not resell my
information to others.  Do they?

More generally, is there a website or other source of
information describing which online companies sell
which information?  While it is easy to assume they
are all greedy assholes out to destroy freedom and
privacy, if there are principled organizations that
do not, and prove this with independent third party
auditing, I would prefer to do business with them.

Keith

P.S. Your privacy may be dead; mine is damaged but
still somewhat protected.  As a result, I may have
more freedom and retirement savings than you do.
Good luck surviving in old age;  you will need it.

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com