[PLUG-TALK] I closed my Amazon account

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Wed May 31 04:40:33 UTC 2017

On ordering something for $110 this evening Amazon hoodwinked me into
signing up for Prime to get free shipping for the item, which I assumed
I qualified for because it was over $35. 'No problem,' I thought, 'I'll
just cancel the Prime membership.' Well, not so easy. You can cancel t
but not for thirty days.

I've been an Amazon customer since 2005, but they lost me tonight. I
don't care if they have the lowest price, saving a few pennies isn't
worth having to put up with their sneaky behavior.