[PLUG-TALK] Organizing wall warts

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Sat Nov 11 15:57:47 UTC 2017

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 06:29:04 -0800 (PST)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>External device power supplies come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes;
>newer devices seem to be smaller ones than the older ones. I want to
>organize this mess, perhaps by installing a couple of long outlet
>strips on walls. It would be nice to have the outlets spaced so larger
>power supplies do not block other outlets.

In addition to my laptop and desktop computers I have six wall warts for
things that need to be running all the time, like internet and network
connection stuff. I have two heavy duty APC backup power supplies and I
have these six wall warts plugged into them as well. If you have a UPS
for your computer(s) I might suggest that you feed your outlet strips
from the UPS.