[PLUG-TALK] Organizing wall warts

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Sat Nov 11 19:12:35 UTC 2017

On 11/11/17 06:29, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   External device power supplies come in a wide variety of shapes and
> sizes;
> newer devices seem to be smaller ones than the older ones. I want to
> organize this mess, perhaps by installing a couple of long outlet strips on
> walls. It would be nice to have the outlets spaced so larger power supplies
> do not block other outlets.
>
>   What do folks here use to organize all the power supplies for routers,
> switches, external hard drives, cell phone chargers, etc.? Are there
> stand-offs available that allow larger power supplies to be raised and not
> block adjacent ones?

I have a Tripp lite PS2408 plugged into my UPS to supply various things
I want to keep running during an outage.

I also have a PS3612 and PS4816 mounted underneath my desk.

Note that these strips have very long and heavy duty cords.

<https://www.tripplite.com/products/power-strips~20>

I see that they also have right angle versions (e.g. PS2408RA).  I might
gotten those had I know they existed.  They would likely be better for
bunch of wall warts.

galen
--
Galen Seitz