[PLUG-TALK] Transmit audio wirelessly from computer to stereo

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Mon Oct 23 15:02:10 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-22 16:11, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Oct 2017 21:33:26 +0000 (UTC)
> Aaron Burt <aaron at bavariati.org> dijo:
>
>> On 2017-10-22 13:45, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>>> I spent 15 minutes with a very knowledgeable sales dude at Best Buy.
>>> He showed me lots of expensive receivers, and then he showed me a
>>> Chromecast Audio device that they sell for $35:
>>
>> I have one of those, it works OK, though I'd worry a little about lag
>> for video.
>> After trying it out, I found that it didn't suit my particular
>> use-case, I could try to convey it to you somehow.
>
> I'd love to buy it from you. Do I assume correctly that you know how to
> use it with Linux?

It "just worked" last time I tried it from the Chrome browser in Linux,
and I also played with some Python code to tickle it.  Looks like
there's now a utility called Mkchromecast if you don't feel like being
tied to a browser: http://mkchromecast.com/

I just figured I'd loan it to you for testing and take some money if you
wanted to keep it.