[PLUG-TALK] Oct 31 Theses Warning

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Mon Oct 30 16:34:50 UTC 2017

On Mon, 30 Oct 2017, David Mandel wrote:

> I assume there will be celebrations in this country as well.  If I
> was Lutheran, I would certainly do something to commemorate it.

We had a banquet, complete with volunteer orchestra (including herald
trumpets!), at our Lutheran church.

Luther's 95 theses were largely arguments against abuses concerning
the sale of indulgences. Their relevance has waned with severely
decreased emphasis on indulgences within Roman Catholic practice. More
interesting for seeing how his theology would develop in the future
were the 28 theses he presented six months later (April 1518) at a
monastic convocation in Heidelberg:

http://bookofconcord.org/heidelberg.php

--
Paul Heinlein