[PLUG-TALK] Another use for 12 volt fans?

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Fri Sep 22 05:06:14 UTC 2017

>> But I concur with Tomas's major point.  Ultimately, while I like
>> hacker endeavors, there are reasons why we purchase spendy HVAC
>> solutions; they can fail and kill people.

John> First, thanks for the endorsement of Noctua. Mr. Google had
John> already introduced me to them, and your experience clinches
John> it. Also, thanks for pointing out that size matters. I had already
John> intuitively grasped that fewer larger fans would be better than
John> more smaller fans, although seeing the formula was instructive. [...]

I will also mention, on the subject of combustion killing people, one of
Personal Telco Project's node hosts died (along with his wife, although
she lingered for a few days) in a cold snap almost a decade ago, when he
super-sealed his living space, which also included some kind of
combustion heater.  So, whatever fans you install, please also include a
carbon monoxide alarm nearby.

"1 Accident is 2 Many."

--
Russell Senior, President