[PLUG-TALK] broadband alternatives in the 'burbs

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Sep 23 21:08:54 UTC 2017

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> The only alternative here appears to be Comcast/Xfinity and local DSL
> providers ... if the copper wiring still exists.

Keith,

   FWIW, Frontier copper carries the digital signals between me and SpiritOne
(nee Aracnet). I've been their customer for about 20 years and while
Frontier is not as reliable as Verizon was (I get outages now and then which
never happened with Verizon), I'm very highly satisfied with the service and
support SpiritOne's provided each time I've asked. Since I don't download
movies, TV shows, or live operas my comparatively slow download/upload
speeds are adequate for my needs.

Regards,