[PLUG-TALK] Dell Latitude 2100

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 28 23:26:03 UTC 2017

On Thu, 28 Sep 2017, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> My first Linux laptop had a Broadcom wifi chip. That was over ten years
> ago, and I quickly learned why Linux people hate Broadcom. It took a lot
> of help from the list and the Clinics because I knew next to nothing back
> then, but eventually I got it working with ndiswrapper to force the
> Windows driver to play nice in Linux. I don't know if ndiswrapper is even
> still around, but since everything else has failed for you maybe it's
> worth a google or two.

John,

   I've no idea whether a Windoze driver is available for this model.
Apparently, ndiswrapper was designed for WinXP.

   It might have been nice to have wireless connectivity for this little
portable but it's not essential. I bought it to read PDF files, particularly
1000+ page technical ones, both at and away from home and it will serve this
purpose quite well.

Thanks for the suggestion,