[PLUG-TALK] Dell Latitude 2100

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Fri Sep 29 01:30:47 UTC 2017

On 2017-09-28 18:10, Rich Shepard wrote:
>    Thanks, Tomas. I found a new Intel WiFi Link 5100 with the
> connectors on
> the long edge on eBay for $4.99 (shipping included). I bought that one.
> They
> have a 30-day warranty which gives me comfort.

Ah well, that works too.  Some models of the 2100 actually shipped with
Ubuntu factory-installed.  Most distros will easily install the correct
driver, and often you don't even need a proprietary driver, just the
device firmware, which you can install from a distro package as well.

See also http://www.linlap.com/dell_latitude_2100