[PLUG-TALK] Open source hardware?

Michael Dexter dexter at pdxlinux.org
Mon Aug 13 19:10:06 UTC 2018

On 8/13/18 11:52 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>    I'm thinking of voting machines/systems. This is far from any areas of
> expertise for me.

Those voting machines long ago that had unencrypted spreadsheets on an
easily-accessed compact flash slot could have run 100% free/open source
software. That alone did not guarantee security. It wouldn't take a
sophisticated user to mount the drive and adjust the results. Gotta
wonder if that was by design.

I'm pretty happy with paper by mail. Would take a sing orchestrated
attack which would be easier to detect by a whistle blower.

Shame this is an issue.

Michael