[PLUG-TALK] Screen phone "911 unavailable" warnings

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Dec 29 15:50:08 UTC 2018

On Sat, 29 Dec 2018, Russell Johnson wrote:

> From what I hear, a lot of AT&T and Verizon customers received the message
> as well because CenturyLink runs a major part of the backhaul those
> carriers use.

   My Verizon wireless phone in mid-Multnomah County was not affected.

> Yes, AT&T and Verizon outsource their backbones.

   This makes good sense, economically and environmentally. Why not share
cable rather than laying multiple cables on the same route. If cellular
antennae were shared among providers we'd have less clutter of cell towers
and decorated water tanks.