[PLUG-TALK] Happy Consensus New Year

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Mon Dec 31 20:56:05 UTC 2018

On Mon, 31 Dec 2018, Russell Senior wrote:

> According to a recent consultation with Mr DuckDuck, a somewhat less
> arbitrary marker that everyone could agree on is also coming up very
> soon.
>
> "Perihelion in Portland, Oregon, USA is on Wednesday, January 2,
> 2019 at 9:19 pm PST"

I'm not sure that something being measurable makes it less arbitrary
(although, in this case, timezones are measurable). Being measurable
makes something easier to repeat, but its applicability to anything
else isn't a given.

Still, the timing of the perihelion is interesting... :-)

--
Paul Heinlein
heinlein at madboa.com
45°38' N, 122°6' W