[PLUG-TALK] SpiritOne/Aracnet had its final death rattle a few days ago

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Fri Feb 9 23:14:35 UTC 2018

The first signs came back in late September, when a rather significant
"migration" broke most people's email service (also, it's shell
service and web service went away).  After several weeks, some people
got their email service back via a webmail system (I was one of them).
Meanwhile, my DSL service from them (which I had for some static IPs
and some legacy servers) kept working.  Then, in early January, my DSL
suddenly disappeared, but the webmail kept working.  Then, a couple
days ago, the webmail service disappeared.  The domain names are
registered into the next decade, but very clearly the ISP can now be
considered door-nail-like-dead.

John Ogden, the "new owner" has disappeared.  Which is lucky for him,
since there are various lawyers after him.  Apparently he has some
history of collapsing ISPs, another one was tanked about 10 years ago.

--
Russell Senior
russell at personaltelco.net