[PLUG-TALK] A weighty subject for English speakers

Gregory Salter winterbeastie at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 20 23:15:39 UTC 2018

No, but I have wondered plenty of silly stuff. Really. if a man from Poland is a Pole, why isn't a man from Holland a Hole? if you have more than one mouse, you have mice. if you have more than one Goose you have Geese. but if you have more than one Moose, you don't have Meese. Some names of citys are sexist. there is an Istanbull but no Istancow. I don't know what Och did to deserve a city against him, but there should be a Pro-och to go with Antioch.

Language can be a funny thing.
Gregory