[PLUG-TALK] Any decent banks without third party trackers?

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Sat Jan 20 21:41:01 UTC 2018

On Sat, 20 Jan 2018, Tomas Kuchta wrote:

> Can anyone recommend decent bank operating in PDX and does not use
> third party trackers inside logged-in web banking session? I am
> asking here, because anybody else I asked around responded - what's
> tracker; no way banks could do that; ...
>
> I am currently with First Tech and they recently started to use 3
> trackers sending any banking activity to Google, Ensighteen and New
> Relic.
>
> Bank of America is also sending logged-in banking activity to Google
> and someone else ...

In the grand PLUG tradition, I'll answer a question you didn't ask:
How to I minimize exposure of commercial web activity?

My answer is that all such activity gets done in a Chrome "incognito"
window. I close all other Chrome windows, open an incognito window,
transact my business, and then close Chrome. In true fact, I reserve
Chrome exclusively for this sort of work, using Firefox and Safari for
day-to-day browsing.

Again, that doesn't answer your question -- but it was easier for me
to arrange browser usage than it would be to change financial
institutions.

--
Paul Heinlein
heinlein at madboa.com