[PLUG-TALK] Any decent banks without third party trackers?

Rigel Hope gnu at rigelhope.org
Sun Jan 21 03:42:10 UTC 2018

i don't think you're going to find a bank that doesnt use any trackers of
some kind.
I think you can mitigate things, while also registering your
dissatisfaction (via phone/email, etc). I use ghostery (
https://www.ghostery.com/) and policy-control (
https://github.com/schomery/policy-control/) to get fine-grain control over
JS loaded in firefox, and i'm sure there's similar plugins available for
chromium/chrome (less sure of other browsers)

I left a credit union i had a 15-year history with several years back
because of the combination of nickel-and-diming me with fees and their
increasing pushing of their available discounts on Intuit's TurboTax,
because of Intuit's lobbying history (
https://www.propublica.org/article/filing-taxes-could-be-free-simple-hr-block-intuit-lobbying-against-it
among others) but ive found that most banks push this to some degree or
another.

it seems pretty unlikely to me that you'll find, in the wild, a webmaster
of any high profile or commercial site that's willing to forego google's
analytics plugin. a lot of this stuff is just What You're Expected To Do as
a webmaster/webdev, unless you're specifically instructed otherwise, like
Noone Ever Got Fired By Buying IBM in eras past.