[PLUG-TALK] First Tech Federal

Tomas Kuchta tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 21:00:15 UTC 2018

There is tracking and tracking. The harm depends on what you do and care
about.

In most internet post, tracking is meant as to follow people around the
internet, identifying them. In reality the issue is also about tracking
people's activity on or across the web pages such as mouse movements,
key-presses, fields selected, area in focus, scrolling, etc.

In banking, I care primarily about my activity on the web page because it
discloses what I do with money. Identifying me makes it just that much
worse.

Tomas