[PLUG-TALK] Giving up on DuckDuckGo

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Mon Jul 23 14:35:11 UTC 2018

On 2018-07-22 16:17, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> I have been using DuckDuckGo for quite a while, and I love that it
> doesn't track me, but it's time to say goodbye. Why? Because when
> searching your choices for dates are only:
>
> 	Any Time
> 	Past Day
> 	Past Week
> 	Past Month
>
> Whereas, in addition to the above, Google gives me Past hour, Past
> year and, best of all, Custom range.

Another solution is to use the DuckDuckGo bang code of !g to do a search
on Google when and only when you need a Google feature like date
filtering.

DuckDuckGo has over 11,400 ! codes. Including !w to search Wikipedia, !a
for Amazon, !as for Amazon smile, !yt for YouTube or !ytmx for Mexican
videos (that's new to me), !cc for Creative Commons, !d for
TheFreeDictionary.

This ! code option searching is digressing into yak shaving. Enjoy.

--
       Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
     Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity