[PLUG-TALK] Sears doomed

Russell Johnson russ at dimstar.net
Fri Jun 1 13:45:40 PDT 2018

		It's my understanding Sears is currently owned, and being sold off by, someone who is only interested in getting as much as he can for what is left.

		Get Outlook for iOS

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 11:03 AM -0700, "Rich Shepard" <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

On Fri, 1 Jun 2018, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> They blew through the $50 I paid them, too. I expect neither the part, nor
> a refund. My losses are tiny compared to their long term employees, who
> may lose their pensions as well as their jobs.

Keith,

   Yesterday Sears Holding announced closure of 74 stores.

> Sears used to be a great company; now they are toast. They will probably
> take K-Mart (their nominal owner) down with them. Warn your friends.

   JC Penny is in the same leaky boat.

   The large, nationwide brick-and-mortar (or cinderblock) retailers didn't
respond to the likes of Amazon so it's not surprising that they're on the
close-out rack.