[PLUG-TALK] Way off topic - quarter turn faucets

Tomas K tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 11:29:42 UTC 2018

As you might know, I am not from around here. So, I am not familiar
with plumbing brands around; beyond toilets seemingly designed to block
and other high maintenance and unreliable unreliable plumbing items.
That is, however, not the point here.

What I mean to say is that I have not seen and used anything but
ceramic lever type washbasin, bath or shower (including the ball
service valves mentioned) for as far as I remember in my adult life.
That would be, give or take 3-ish decades. I do not know the brands in
my old land either - simply because all I have ever liked visually was
ceramic and have never needed any service or replacement.

Given my past experience, or the lack of experience with anything else,
I would bet that the old Ikea store will most likely sell nothing else,
than what you need, and for reasonable $$$ too. I would give them a
visit and see if they have what you like and need.

To be completely fair - I personally never got the point of
British/Irish two tap system either. That is an engineering/sanitary
"marvel" - where you need both hands and are never able to achieve the
desired temperature. Those are probably the worst plumbing
bathroom/kitchen invention right at the level of regularly blocking
toilets and plungers.

Good luck,
Tomas