[PLUG-TALK] It seems that spamer joined the PLUG-talk list

Tomas Kuchta tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 21:23:54 UTC 2019

I think that you might have misread Galen's email Rich.

If someone wants to mess up with someone else. Sure way to do this is to
subscribe their automated mailing platform to as many lists as possible.

That aught to annoy a lot of people, and they are likely to blame or
blacklist the campaign, rather than the unknown culprit. Same as you did
instinctively.

In case you haven't come across this type of attack yet. Similar strategy
is employed for centuries by so called "agent provocateurs" and various
misinformation campaigns. Also used for DDOS multiplication stacks.

Anyway, it seems unlikely that the actual campaigns would do this
themselves. Backlash is guaranteed.

-T