[PLUG-TALK] Android phone question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 27 05:43:53 PDT 2019

On Mon, 26 Aug 2019, Tomas Kuchta wrote:

> Look for cell phone pico cells instead of amplifier. Not sure how this
> stuff works around here - in EU I was able to get one from my operator for
> about $100-ish, cannot remember exactly. You plug that little box to your
> Ethernet and it creates little GSM cell, so that you can get connected at
> home without cellular coverage.
>
> That being said, I would not bother with that these days as there are
> better, cheaper and portable options via VoIp operators.

Tomas,

I'll look at pico cells and learn how VoIP might be useful.

I've had this loss/regain of signal for years with two different phones
(Treo 700p with Verizon Wireless CDMA and Nokia 6.1 Plus with AT&T GSM) and
in different places (my home office and a local library branch; others I
cannot recall). Over the weekend I was on a call and the other person said
my voice was cutting in and out but I had no interruption hearing them. I
don't know enough abuot cellular telephones to understand why (and don't
really care to learn all that) but it's annoying at best.

Thanks for your suggestions,