[PLUG-TALK] Android phone question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 27 07:39:51 PDT 2019

On Mon, 26 Aug 2019, Tomas Kuchta wrote:

> Look for cell phone pico cells instead of amplifier. Not sure how this
> stuff works around here - in EU I was able to get one from my operator for
> about $100-ish, cannot remember exactly. You plug that little box to your
> Ethernet and it creates little GSM cell, so that you can get connected at
> home without cellular coverage.

Tomas, et al.:

Cisco stopped manufacturing AT&T's 3G-capable microcells in mid-2017 so
they're no long available and don't support 4G/LTE/5G. So, that's not a
practical option.

> That being said, I would not bother with that these days as there are
> better, cheaper and portable options via VoIp operators.

Now I would appreciate points so I can learn how to route calls (and,
perhaps, text messages) from my Nokia 6.1 Plus Android One through my WAP,
router, and FiOS 'Net access using VoIP. Assuming this is a practical
solution since the signal dropping issue occurs only here in my home/office
and occassionally in other places where it really doesn't matter to me.

Regards,