[PLUG-TALK] Android phone question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 27 19:42:43 UTC 2019

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019, Rigel Hope wrote:

> i have had months-to-years of poor voice service in an otherwise highly
> covered area using a non-carrier-sourced android phone. i was never able
> to nail down the reason for it. I spent quite some time with my carrier's
> (t-mo) tech support trying to troubleshoot this, to no avail. data was
> never a problem.

Rigel,

Interesting. My issue isn't the quality of the audio but that the radio goes
dead (no bars) and recovers sooner or later while sitting on my desk. A
recent call kept dropping my voice while the other person's voice was
continuous. It's dropped connection to the tower/network from here a a
couple of other places.

There are abundant radio-free zones in eastern Oregon and northern
Washington and Nevada (such as > 4 miles north and south of I-80) but losing
and regaining a connection while the phone sits in the same place is a
different issue.

Regards,