[PLUG-TALK] Solar hot water?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Feb 7 05:06:09 UTC 2019

I'm told that solar hot water heating (in addition to a gas
hot water heater) is cost effective, even in Oregon.  We
plan to replace our ancient plumbing and the hot water
heater soon, so I want to plan everything together.

Our house is aligned north-south, but south end is sloped
and 28 feet wide, if that matters.  There are also simple
paths to route insulated pipes.  I worry about structural
and pluming penetrations through the roof causing leaks.

Perhaps some of you have experiences to share, or can
recommend an installer.

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com