[PLUG-TALK] Amazon shipping envelope sleeping bags

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Fri Feb 15 22:13:17 UTC 2019

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 20:46:14 -0800
Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> dijo:

>Besides spying on me and destroying local retailing, the
>most immediate annoyance of Amazon is that they ship
>individual items in those indestructable white and blue
>bubble wrap bags.  Amazon puts 5-minutes-to-peel paper
>labels on them, which must be removed before recycling,
>then shlepped in bunches to the overflowing plastic bin
>at Fred Meyer.  Fooey.

I no longer buy from Amazon, canceled my account, in fact, but I do buy
a lot on eBay. The last three purchases arrived in Amazon packaging,
and I don't mean stuff that the eBay seller recycled - they were
apparently shipped directly from Amazon. Inside the one that arrived
this morning there were an Amazon packing slip and an Amazon Gift
Receipt. But there was no return address on the shipping label, just
two QR codes and two different barcodes. In fact, the plastic bag had
'Prime' with the arrow under it, but there was nothing on the outside
that actually said 'Amazon.' And the packing slip and Gift Receipt on
the inside said 'Amazon,' but contained not a word about eBay, not even
the seller's name, although they did have instructions for how to
initiate a return - on Amazon.com.

The only thing I can conclude is that the eBay seller has a deal with
Amazon to turn the sale over to them for a percentage of the take. The
seller doesn't have to maintain inventory or dirty their hands with
shipping. In fact, the eBay seller sent me a thank-you note, all in
foreigner English.

I suppose this is legal, but it annoys me that the listing on eBay did
not say 'fulfilled by Amazon,' or similar.