[PLUG-TALK] Recycling with IT, Re: Amazon shipping ...

Tomas Kuchta tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 02:58:56 UTC 2019

The only way to stop this waste madness problem is to establish simple and
effective feedback loops.

If only one could make the manufacturer and seller responsible for full
recycling? If only there would be a way to write some rules and enforce
them?

Well, if the above could be done - Then, following would inevitably happen
- price of stuff would go up to pay for said full recycling; some packaging
would not be done at all to avoid the cost and logistics; new industry
would emergency to recycle faster and cheaper; prices would go back to
normal and there would be minimal waste.

Our ability to orchestrate simple changes like described above used to be
what differentiated the developed world from the, so called, third world.
Not anymore, I guess.

-T