[PLUG-TALK] Telecommunication providers

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Feb 22 21:23:34 UTC 2019

Perhaps folks here (hello, Russell!) can answer a few questions that came up
in my search for a Verizon Wireless replacement.

All data carried by the cellular networks is digital, right? Voice, text,
and browser pull requests to Web sites are digitized in the phone then
squirted across the ether.

If this is the case why might one vendor (Mint Mobile) tell me they support
the unlocked iPhone 6 but not the unlocked Nokia 6.1 Android One?

And why would another vendor (AirVoice Wireless) tell me they support voice
on both phones, but iPhone messaging works only with other iPhones and not
with Andriod phones?

A curious mind wants to know.

TIA,