[PLUG-TALK] Telecommunication providers

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Feb 22 22:05:01 UTC 2019

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019, Russell Senior wrote:

> They might not have resources on the right frequencies.

Russell,

This is probably the explanation. On a couple of vendor sites I saw a list
of frequencies but they mean nothing to me.

> My understanding is that an additional primary schism was the modulation
> used, either CDMA or GSM, but that LTE kind of harmonized things.

I know Verizon stayed with CDMA and the Nokia and iPhone both support GSM.
My assumption is that LTE stands for Long Term (something) and it's related
to data download speeds but my phone use is primarily voice, occasional text
messages, and now I suppose infrequent data.

Thanks much for clarifying!

Carpe weekend,