[PLUG-TALK] [PLUG-talk] Android upgrade notices

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Feb 27 17:10:49 UTC 2019

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019, Ben Koenig wrote:

> Go to the Settings app - >System -> Advanced -> System Update.

Ben,

Thanks again.

> Mine has spent the last couple days screaming at me to install a 100MB
> update, so I imagine yours is to.

The SIMs for the Nokia and the iPhone were sent yesterday by our new
carrier, Beast Mobile <www.beastmobile.net/>. When they arrive and I install
them I'll notify Beast and they'll port the phone numbers from Verizon to
themselves. By leaving Verizon for AT&T I've cut $32+ off my monthly bill.
In the meantime, the phone sits here doing nothing. :-)

> Wifi access is for downloading the update. Once the update has been
> downloaded you just reboot the phone. The reason for this is purely
> economical, most people don't know how to control their own data use and
> end up getting gigantic phone bills when they exceed their data cap.
> There's no technical limitation to the cell network.

I gotta' learn my way around the Android OS for things such as rebooting.
When it's working as a phone I'll do so.

> As for wifi connections, I found where they buried the advanced network
> settings. If you want we can take this off list and I'll send you some
> screenshots. They made it really hard to use static IP addresses for some
> reason....

Okay. No rush on this so some time in the next couple of weeks would be
find.

Best regards,