[PLUG-TALK] Quickbooks - online, virtual, emulator ...

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jan 23 14:20:53 PST 2019

On Wed, 23 Jan 2019, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> Ideas?  Sympathy?  Snarky humiliation?

Keith,

   Perhaps use gnucash <https://www.gnucash.org/>?

   My accountant uses proprietary software because tax tables are updated
constantly, and state returns must be filed on-line using Oregon's
urine-poor software so what her clients use matters not. I send her monthly,
quarterly, and year-end reports as PDF files (balance sheet, income
statement, and any other information she wants). Gnucash is written in
scheme and runs natively on linux. It's been around since at least the late
1990s and is well supported.

Regards,