[PLUG-TALK] Android phone cannot obtain wifi IP address

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Nov 11 14:42:11 PST 2019

I've replaced the failed WAP with a Meraki set up by Russell. Today I added
the admin and PSK2 passwords (and modified the ESSID names to that of the
old WAP.

The phone (a Nolia 6.1+) shows excellent signal strength and other
parameters so the Meraki and phone are communicating, but there's a problem
with obtaining an IP address.

I don't recall having this issue when I first got the phone and I have no
idea whether there's anything under my control germane to IP addresses. All
ideas, suggestions, and directions to getting this working will be
appreciated. It's not so much for my phone here in the office as it is for a
laptop that uses the WAP to connect to the 'Net. Fortunately I have a
couple of weeks until it returns to get this working.