[PLUG-TALK] Android phone cannot obtain wifi IP address

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Mon Nov 11 17:21:18 PST 2019

>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:

Rich> On Mon, 11 Nov 2019, Rich Shepard wrote:
>> I don't recall having this issue when I first got the phone and I
>> have no idea whether there's anything under my control germane to IP
>> addresses.  All ideas, suggestions, and directions to getting this
>> working will be appreciated. It's not so much for my phone here in
>> the office as it is for a laptop that uses the WAP to connect to the
>> 'Net. Fortunately I have a couple of weeks until it returns to get
>> this working.

Rich> I think the solution is to reconfigure the Meraki as a DHCP server
Rich> and permanently assign it a static LAN address, but let it assign
Rich> an IP address to non-LAN hosts such as mobile phones and a laptop
Rich> on a different subnet.

No, that's not what you want to do.

The Meraki is configured as a "dumb AP", that is it simply bridges its
wifi and ethernet.

The gateway device should be runninng the DHCP server. The Meraki was
set up with a static IP specified by Rich. This was all documented in an
email. I suggest that he refer to that email.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net