[PLUG-TALK] Android phone cannot obtain wifi IP address [FIXED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 12 23:36:38 UTC 2019

On Mon, 11 Nov 2019, Rich Shepard wrote:

> The phone (a Nolia 6.1+) shows excellent signal strength and other
> parameters so the Meraki and phone are communicating, but there's a
> problem with obtaining an IP address.

All fixed now thanks to Russell teaching me that enabling DHCP on the router
has no effect on hosts with static IP addresses because they won't ask for a
leased address. I didn't know this.

I enabled DHCP on my LinkSys WRT54G router with IP address block for
assignment outside the range of assigned static addresses.

Now the phone immediately connects to the 'Net via the router.

All different behavior from what worked in the past.

Regards,