[PLUG-TALK] cat5e cable: solid or stranded?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Nov 13 20:02:15 UTC 2019

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> PCH Cables in Hillsboro also has everything. And connectors, and tools,
> and ... even some prebuilt Cat7 cables, which you do NOT need but are
> interesting to see. Proprietor Pat Heiden is an amusingly surly
> curmudgeon.

Keith,

That was my next place to look. Surly curmudgeonly waiters are familiar to
those of us who grew up in New York City and regularly visited Katz's,
Carnegie, and other delis. It's part of the 'charm.'

> My one order from Monoprice did not go well, but maybe that was atypical.

Now I'm looking for a 30cm/1ft cable. Shipping costs for the $0.64 item
would likely be 5-10 times that amount.

Perhaps I'll make a list and then drive out to Hillsboro -- after morning
commute traffice across Portland has thinned some.

Thanks,