[PLUG-TALK] Happy news!

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 25 17:51:10 UTC 2019

On Fri, 25 Oct 2019, alan at clueserver.org wrote:

> They were 8" disks. I don't remember the capacity. I didn't know anyone
> even made those anymore. I have not seen one in use in this century.

Alan,

Yes, that was mentioned further in the article. It also notes that "The
report said that the Strategic Automated Command and Control System ran on
an IBM Series/1 computer --- a piece of hardware that dates to the
1970s --- and used eight-inch floppy disks to manage weapons like
intercontinental ballistic missiles, nuclear bombers and tanker support
aircraft."

Regards,