[PLUG-TALK] Fed Ex fail

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sun Sep 22 02:37:32 UTC 2019

Random whinging follows.

Fed-Ex earnings have plummeted, and their stock is down.
This may be due to retrocranial insertion.  I could hope
they go bankrupt and are bought by someone responsible,
but I hoped that for Frontier Telecom NW, and instead
they got bought by Wave.

I ordered some small items from the manufacturer (via
Ebay) in Houston on September 16 (Monday).  The items were
shipped via FedEx, seemingly to be transferred to USPS for
delivery.  The package left Texas on Tuesday morning 9/17
and arrived at FedEx Troutdale OR on Thursday evening 9/19.

On Friday, the package departed Troutdale for "FEDEX
SMARTPOST KENT, WA".  The package departed FedEx Kent
early this morning, with "Shipping information sent to
U.S. Postal Service 97005".  A 350 mile round trip.

Allegedly, the package is scheduled for USPS delivery on
Tuesday, but it may need to go through Canada or Iceland
first.  Since about 20% of my packages are misdelivered
to a house three blocks east ("99th" looks like "96th"
to the letter carrier), I may not see this package
before October.  Sigh.

Keith

P.S.  I hoped to purchase the items locally, but the big
retail stores only sell what the manufacturers pay them
to stock.

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com