[PLUG-TALK] bidet bottle

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Mon Apr 6 00:51:44 UTC 2020

With normal usage, my wife and I have enough toilet paper
(from our last purchase in January) to last many weeks
more.  But with hoarding, and increased supply chain
disruption due to sick employees, replacement is uncertain.

We also have friends from Central America who remind us
that much of the world uses a hole in the ground, a small
pot of water, and the non-dominant non-eating hand.

A happy intermediate is a "bidet bottle", a squirt bottle
with a long sideways-turned nozzle.  Using ordinary tap
water, a firm squeeze and squirt is enough to "cleanse
the area".  A few squirts usually cleans off everything.
We finish the job with a washcloth, which usually comes
up clean (but still deserving a wash) after use.

We now cycle our washcloths:
   face -> hands -> body/shower -> toilet -> laundry
... with separate dryer racks in between.

Perhaps the supply chain will resume soon.

However, toilet paper can also clog drains, snaking
drains is NASTY, and calling a plumber is expensive and
an infection risk.  Don't put anything down a drain you
don't want to fish back out with many hours of work and
a LONG plumbing snake.

As I learned a few days ago, sigh.

-----

So - buy a bidet bottle.  We got ours from Amazon for less
than $20, after a "US Seller" on eBay turned out not to be
(perhaps arriving before June).  A local retailer may have
bidet bottles, but we aren't going to many stores lately.

A relevant scatological reminiscence:

https://dyn1.heritagestatic.com/lf?set=path%5B2%2F0%2F5%2F0%2F2%2F20502025%5D%2Csizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com