[PLUG-TALK] I'm still alive!

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Sat Apr 11 20:49:05 UTC 2020

>>>>> "Tomas" == Tomas Kuchta <tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com> writes:

Tomas> I wish you speedy recovery John.  In the spare time, you should
Tomas> start thinking how to explain little practical details about food
Tomas> intake, then .. you know .. what goes in must come out,
Tomas> scratching various itches and many more "funny" experiences.

Fwiw, I broke both of my arms in 5th grade, having fallen on a
misadventure involving an overhead bar on the playground at school.
Right arm got a cast above the elbow, left arm to just below the elbow.
It was not an experience I would recommend, but my bones were pretty
limber at that age. I recall the right arm was in the cast for 6 weeks.

My spouse, as I related this to her just now, asked Tomas's question,
and honestly I have zero memory of that.  I recall drinking
asprin-spiked orange juice on the first evening.  I expect I got some
help from my mother on the more complex of the excretory tasks.  I
remember the itching under the cast. I recall getting some relief by
fashioning a tool from folded paper.

The other thing I remember is taking a spelling test the following week
and having to write with the left (less injured and more nimble) hand,
and being nominally right-handed, this led to a rather substantial
regression in legibility.

My profound sympathies, John!

--
Russell Senior