[PLUG-TALK] Old languages never die ... they are sent to govenments

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Apr 15 17:26:08 UTC 2020

On Wed, 15 Apr 2020, Paul Heinlein wrote:

> I'm not trying to provide an excuse for people whose job it is to maintain
> software-controlled systems over time, but it's reasonable to acknowledge
> that it's not as easy as point A to point B.

Paul,

You'll get no argument from me about this. Yet, because it's much more
complex than traveling from point A to point B and has great importance for
society, the time and cost should be invested rather than ignored.

A big political blockage is that, as a society, we want government services
but don't want to pay for them with taxes. And I have no ideas how to change
this. :-)

Stay healthy,