[PLUG-TALK] Punch Ballots, Mail Ballots, and Fraud

Russell Johnson russ at dimstar.net
Sun Aug 2 01:10:08 UTC 2020

On 8/1/20, 6:02 PM, "plug-talk-bounces at pdxlinux.org on behalf of Russell Senior" <plug-talk-bounces at pdxlinux.org on behalf of russell at personaltelco.net> wrote:

    I don't think that's true. Voting happens by county. There is a county
    elections officer that is in charge of selecting voting technology. I
    noticed this in the era you are referring to because I moved from
    Washington County to Multnomah County. I recall the pin punch ballots in
    Washington County and the fill in the circle ballots in Multnomah
    (before and after vote-by-mail). I also voted in Benton County, when I
    was at OSU (though I don't recall the technology they used). The ballots
    are all counted at the County Elections headquarters. The county results
    are transmitted to the State. I don't think there was ever, at least in
    my voting life, State centralized ballot counting.  Also, I think you
    get to be a poll worker by being old and volunteering.

Hi Russell,

You are absolutely correct at least back to 1980.

-Russ